Benefit Groups - House Officers
In general, House Officers are eligible for benefits at the university if they have a 0% appointment lasting four consecutive months or longer. There may be other eligibility requirements for individual plans. Dependents, which include a spouse or other qualified adult and dependent children, are eligible for many of the same benefits offered to House Officers.
House Officers are eligible for the following benefits. For details on eligibility for specific benefits, review the Eligibility section.
- Health Plan
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Dental Plan
- University, Optional, and Dependent Life Insurance
- Legal Plan
- Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts (stipends not eligible)
- Travel Accident Insurance and Secure Travel Plan
- Supplemental Retirement Account (SRA) (House Officers are eligible to enroll in an SRA at any time but are not eligible for the Basic Retirement Plan.)
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan
- House Officers Association Long-Term Disability Plan (LTD is provided through the HOA at no cost to you. Call the House Officers Association at 734-936-9205 for information about this plan.)
The University of Michigan in its sole discretion may modify, amend, or terminate the benefits provided with respect to any individual receiving benefits, including active employees, retirees, and their dependents. Although the university has elected to provide these benefits this year, no individual has a vested right to any of the benefits provided. Nothing in these materials gives any individual the right to continued benefits beyond the time the university modifies, amends, or terminates the benefit. Anyone seeking or accepting any of the benefits provided will be deemed to have accepted the terms of the benefits programs and the university's right to modify, amend or terminate them.